Saturday 14 March 2015

Cactus League - Brewers Game



Maryvale Stadium






Take me out to the ball game
Take me out to the crowd
Buy me some peanuts and crackerjack
I don't care if I never get back

Let me root, root, root for the home team
If they don't win it's a shame
For it's one, two, three strikes
You're out at the old ballgame









Brady and I each won a dollar for answering questions about Brewer records. My question was who was the career leader in stolen bases for the Brewers.  With a little help from the crowd I shouted "Paul Molitor."  Brady had the answer for the last Brewer to steal home plate. Ricky Weeks, of course.

As luck would have it, Brady was in the right place at the right time. he was selected to be a bat boy at the Brewers vs. U of Milwaukee on opening day. He wore a game shirt and helmet for the game and had all the gum and sunflower seeds he could eat in the dugout. However, he was instructed not to talk to the ball players on the U of Milwaukee team unless they initiated the conversation.


Bat Boy Brady

Rooting for the Home Team
The Brewers won 8-0 against University of Milwaukee and we had a great time at the old ball game.  SMACK - the crack of the bat meeting the ball. It's quintessential summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment